LLP088: Why Your Doctor Hates Fat People!
On this week's podcast episode we discuss what appears to be the tried and true tradition of bias against overweight and obese people in the health field. I would love to say that I am shocked by the findings but growing up always on the heavier side it was quite evident that things are different when you are overweight in the doctor's office.
What to look for…
Listen to the show as I discuss just what happened to bring this podcast episode to the light. Learn about the steps physicians can take to lesson their bias against overweight patients and why has it gotten so bad that even medical students are picking up these horrible traits.
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- 7 steps physicians can take to combat bias
- Weight Stigma Kept Me Out Of Doctors’ Offices for Almost a Decade
- My Doctor Fat-Shamed Me
- Medical Students are biased toward obese patients
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drpierresblog.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag.