LLP027: Why blood sugar isn’t important in diabetes
Somehow I went this far without talking about a disease that a day doesn't go by that I don't see it one way shape or form. Diabetes is a chronic disease that affects almost 30 million people here in the United States. It cost the health care system approximately $250 billion each year to take care of and the co-morbidities associated with diabetes are as long as a grocery lists. I have told my students in the past that diabetes isn't something I wished on my worst enemy for very good reasons which we will talk about today.
In this episode you will learn:
- What is diabetes
- Startling facts on diabetes
- Symptoms of the disorder
- Three most common types of diabetes
- What is it like in the hospital setting
- Join the lunch and learn community – www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – @LunchLearnPod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts
To share your thoughts:
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Just like I said earlier subscribe on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud and tell just one friend to subscribe as well.