LLP034: Why you have to get out of your own way
Self confidence is an issue that affects everyone. It is a very common determinant of a positive outlook and I have found that over the years as I have continued to grow in both my professional & personal development that it is something that will hinder anyone from their full potential. I remember finishing up residency and starting to work and one day looking around wondering was this it? Now if you are familiar with my backstory I had wanted to become a doctor since I was about 8 years old and everything I did up until that point was to make sure that dream happened. But here I was sitting in the office wondering if I was doing enough with the position I had earned. I had so many ideas and thoughts that would run through my head that I would never take any action on because of the fear of failure. Then I began to realize that many people in similar professional positions had these same negative thoughts that didn't allow them to take a leap of faith on something they actually wanted to do.
So when I think the people I take care of on a daily basis who may not be where they want to be on the health aspect its true that the same principles of negative thinking and lack of self confidence are present. Imagine being diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity and trying everything you can to change that only to find that it isn't enough. As a physician it's my duty to help build the self confidence my patients will need to overcome their health deficiencies.
On this episode you are going to listen to me talk about how I have struggled with self confidence and how I used to be the main person stopping me from my greatness.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why is self confidence an issue amongst even your top professionals
- What were some of the decisions that were holding me back
- What are some of the reasons why we suffer from a lack of self confidence
- How does having a low sense of self confidence affect our health and well-being
- Join the lunch and learn community – www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – @LunchLearnPod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts
To share your thoughts:
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Just like I said earlier subscribe on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud and tell just one friend to subscribe as well.