LLP041: Recap of my trip to the ACOI Conference
Every now and then I get to take a “Vacation” away from taking care of patients but being that I have never been the vacation type I always seem to end up at a medically related function. This time I end up in Washington D.C., a place I hadn't been in almost 10 years when I was applying to medical school. I had a fabulous time there if you take away the fact that I spent my first night in my room as I was still getting over a sinus infection my kids gave me before I left. The topics were amazing and I got to me ZdoggMD (Dr. Damania) which was one of the highlights of the trip. Like most medical conferences there was plenty updates to learn so during this episode I discuss wants new in the fields of HIV, domestic violence and opioid epidemic. It didn't make the podcast but I also got to chance to listen to a great speech by a friend and fellow fraternity member (deja vu) Dr. David Pierre, who talked to the crowd about Perfecting your Craft.
In this episode you will learn:
- What meeting ZdoggMD meant to me?
- What did he say that made his encounter a highlight of the event
- What is next in the treatment of HIV
- What are the responsibilities of physicians with patients suffering from domestic violence
- What helped fuel the opioid epidemic?
- Join the lunch and learn community – www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – @LunchLearnPod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts
To share your thoughts:
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Just like I said earlier subscribe on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud and tell just one friend to subscribe as well.