LLP035: The Pain of Sickle Cell Disease
Sickle cell disease is a disorder that has affected both my professional & personal life. I have watched patients suffer from a disease that we don't seem to have a very good handle on time and time again. Noted as the most common genetic disorder in the United States, sickle cell disease earns the honor of getting its own month to shed some spotlight on it.
In this episode you will learn:
- Sickle Cell Awareness Month
- Which parent is responsible for passing it down to you
- Who is affected the most
- What are some of the big complications
- How do we treat it
- Join the lunch and learn community – www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – @LunchLearnPod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts
To share your thoughts:
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Just like I said earlier subscribe on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud and tell just one friend to subscribe as well.