LLP036: The odd couple – Healthcare workers and hurricanes
Hurricane season has been a yearly occurrence for me growing up for as long as I can remember. Born and raised in south Florida it was an all too common time getting the preparations in order for yet another season of uncertainty regarding this phenomenon that had loomed over our summers. It didn't matter how much you prepared for it there was always something we wish we had done more of. As a Physician, hurricane season has taken on a whole new meaning for me. Recently Hurricane Irma took its toll on the region and while many friends and family were wanting to see if I had plans for evacuation the only plans I had time to think about was how to deal with the stress of patients who were either in the hospital or needed to be. I don't think people take for granted the importance of healthcare workers in a time of crisis but I they think they honestly forget that we tend to run towards the danger than away from it. On this episode I talk about the importance of the healthcare workers and even spotlight my Internal Medicine Residents and their efforts.
In this episode you will learn:
- My plans when then Hurricane Irma was on the way
- Acknowledgements for the residents
- Difference between team A & B in the hospital setting
- Who else deserves a round of applause in the hospital
- Join the lunch and learn community – www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – @LunchLearnPod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts
To share your thoughts:
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Just like I said earlier subscribe on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud and tell just one friend to subscribe as well.