LLP021: Finding out my child has autism
Hearing that your child has autism can be life altering and usually brings out way more questions than you could imagine. I remember when my wife who is a licensed mental health counselor began noticing developmental delays in our child that she was just uncomfortable with waiting to see how things played out. Being an internist, who specializes in the treatment of adults I was in the dark and really couldn't offer any guidance at the time so it was refreshing to see my wife go to work and despite all of the “experts” tell her that it was too early to diagnose she pressed forward. It was a great lesson in the treatment of autism where early intervention will always trump all. On today's episode we discuss why autism is a big part in my life and why the key is early intervention.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why its such a personal issue for me
- Learn about his amazing wife efforts in the beginning
- Why early diagnosis is key
- How much it has made me a better father
- Join the lunch and learn community – www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – @LunchLearnPod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts
To share your thoughts:
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Just like I said earlier subscribe on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud and tell just one friend to subscribe as well.